Get the house ready with these tips before putting it on the market, so the photos show as much floor space as possible - after all, that floor space is what you are selling!
1. Decide who would want to buy your house - this is your "target market"!
Is it a family? What age would the children be? What age would the parents be?
Is it an older couple without children? Or who's children or friends may come for weekends and need a guest room?
Is it a young, professional couple or a single person?
2. Aim to make it presentable to that "target market."
Think: "how would they use this room?"
Then set the room up using the best furnishings you have to suit the purpose of the room?
3. Start thinking like you are moving out soon, so you may as well start packing!
It's ok to have boxes packed and stacked up in your garage.
4. Aim to make your home more neutral - so the new owners can see themselves living there.
Start packing all the things that are very personal to you:
all family photos
"collections" of things, nick-nacks etc
anything older than 20 years unless it's classy vintage or mid 20th century retro cool furniture and ornaments.
5. Try to replace large heavy, bulky furniture - especially chairs and sofas and bedroom furniture - with lighter slimmer items that show floor space underneath.
If you were thinking of downsizing or buying new furniture for your new home - then now could be a great time to start!
Good staging will sell your home faster and for a better price.
kind wishes from Carolyn O'Neill aka The Good Fairy! Let me know if I can help you in any way with staging your home for sale. For a free quote, please contact:
Carolyn O’Neill 021 029 77 572